Two very small questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Hey guys!

I have one very simple question so i'll get that out of the way first.

OK when i look at task manager and to go peformance. There is CPU usage and under it is PF usage. What exactly is PF usage? I assumed it was something to do with RAm but i dont think it is exactly because right now it says 232mb and the bar is half full( crappy comp, im at my grans, lol) but she has only 256mb ram so that would make it almost full, which it isn't. So what is PF usage?

Part two.. Ok this is not a question with a certain answer, i am asking you amazing people to use your knowledge to guesstimate how much something would cost roughly one year ago.

If i were to buy a computer now which costed roughly £270 for everything, what would that have roughly costed 10-12 months ago? I know that isn't easy top do and so the answer need not be increbiyl accurate, i'm basically trying to work out how badly my gran was ripped off with this rust bucket she brought around 10-12 months ago.

I used CPU-Z to find out the main components( can't open it up), looked at pretty poor case, small yuraku monitor which says it isn't made anymore on their site. I believe it to be the 17" Yuraku MJ7C.

So basically if i can make this computer now for £270, what do you think it was worth in jnaury of this year?

Any help would be great!!

( this thing has integrated graphics, it hurts me..)

1. The Windows XP Page File

2. Depending on parts inside the computer anywhere from scrap, to maybe 70% of original price. Reason I say 70% is the "unofficial" rule of thumb, is if it can still be bought online or in stores, you 30% of the listed price off and that is usually what you can get for it. but whole systems are different. Since they can be so cheap now-a-days, we would have to see a listed spec of the system to give you a better, more fair answer to that question.

so if its worth £270 now roughly, jan 2007 it was worth roughly mo% more?

so £351... if so then £200 rip off it seems...

also so the fact it is eating into the page file means it has used up all available ram already?

Does xp and idle processes really use 256mb ram?

if you bouth a computer for 270 now, and sold a year later for 200, then that wouldn't be that bad... but again, that depends on the parts, and wear, etc..

page files do eat into ram yes, that is why most people have a system with at least 2GB of ram. upgrading the ram on that system will help performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom