Antec Nine Hundred Core2Duo Build Log... (56k, grab a snickers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't put rum in my mouth legally. and i can't put bawls in my mouth if its over a year old either.

bawls is wicked good tho, it just tastes like watered down sprite with banana in my opinion. loll

Not yet.... still at work right now, for anoter few minutes.... (at that point, I will have worked 29 hours out of the past 48, and gotten about 8ish hours of sleep, and there is 4-5 hours drive time factored in there).... Been CRAZY busy, but HOPING to get assembly underway Wednesday 12/26.... Christmas (12/25 for those that don't celebrate it) is a day that I will be spending the morning at my parents, and then ALL DAY with family. I have a large family, and love it. We get together alot and it is cool to hang out with them. Only downside is that I got a replacement laptop keyboard for a friend in the mail yesterday, and I am slated to swap that out for her Wednesday... I am really going to work to get this done though... the anticipation is KILLING me... I am terrible with the waiting game, and just want to jump on something and get it done.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Not yet.... still at work right now, for anoter few minutes.... (at that point, I will have worked 29 hours out of the past 48, and gotten about 8ish hours of sleep, and there is 4-5 hours drive time factored in there).... Been CRAZY busy, but HOPING to get assembly underway Wednesday 12/26.... Christmas (12/25 for those that don't celebrate it) is a day that I will be spending the morning at my parents, and then ALL DAY with family. I have a large family, and love it. We get together alot and it is cool to hang out with them. Only downside is that I got a replacement laptop keyboard for a friend in the mail yesterday, and I am slated to swap that out for her Wednesday... I am really going to work to get this done though... the anticipation is KILLING me... I am terrible with the waiting game, and just want to jump on something and get it done.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

have a good xmas, and we look forward to the results of your hard work!

Got the rig (sort of) put together today... still have the IDE HDD in it, need to load WinXP64 onto one of the SATA drives, and SOMEHOW overlooked the fact that I didn't put the optical drive in.... I took a bunch of pics, but have to re-size them, then will post them up. I am not at home right now though, so it will be later on.

YAY!!!! PICS AT LAST!!!!!

The case painting completed
Assembly01.jpg

Automotive vacuum tubing (smallest I could find) for protecting wires from sharp edges
Assembly02.jpg

Protective tubing installed
Assembly03.jpg

Basic wiring installed
Assembly04.jpg

PSU installed
Assembly05.jpg

Back of case, hidden wiring
Assembly06.jpg

Motherboard installed with RAM, CPU, Thermalright Ultra Extreme-120 with 2 Scythe 800RPM Fans, and X1950XT
Assembly07.jpg

Hard Drives installed & wired
Assembly08.jpg

Final assembly, minus the optical drive (don't ask how I managed that, lol). Also temp. IDE drive is there too...
Assembly09.jpg

Ok, there are still a FEW things left to do....... they would be:

1. Install WinXP64 on one of the SATA drives
2. Remove IDE HDD & cable
3. Paint the GPU rear shield to match case (not sure how I managed to miss it, lol)
4. Get extension cables for the Power& reset switch. They are currently too short to route behind the motherboard.

medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

frikkin sweet

hey the pwr/reset wires should just be 2 conductors each, right?
easy enough to route the length you have behind mobo, till it just passes behind, then maybe 2", cut the wires and splice in a longer (4 conductor or seperate 2 conductor) piece. then put the ends that attach to the mobo on, routing them thru the bottom of the tray. like .08 cents in parts.

You did a wonderful job. I keep thinking, wow maybe my 900 should start to take this shape. Great work man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom