Need Advice for new Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueSeven

In Runtime
heyas, currently i have a foxconn 915 motherboard. now, i love the motherboard, it works for me, but i am not able to use any of the core 2 duos. now i was thinking about buying a new mobo (got some money for christmas) and was wondering what would you guys suggest?

wait awhile before i buy a new mobo (new technologies might be coming out and such)

buy a new one (intel, core 2 duo or otherwise)

buy a new one (amd)

im currently running:

pentium 4 3.0 ghz (ive had this since april of 2005)

2 gigs ram (was going to pick up another gig with a gift card i have to best buy)

nvidia geforce 8600 gts

the only reason im considering getting a new mobo is because i feel that a core 2 duo might run faster, but i guess im not feeling too much choppiness with a pentium 4, i mainly play armed assault, various mmorpg, and the occasional source game, i really only have trouble with armed assault once **** starts goin on.

anyways, thanks for any advice you may give

kind regards.

you might just want to consider getting a new card, cause that 8600 gts isn't a very powerful card. you could probably get a new card and save yourself the hassle of completely new components.

hehe 8600GTS for a pentium 4? more than enough. Even a new Celeron 420 should run faster than a Pentium 4. if you upgrade the motherboard, ur gonna have to buy a new CPU as well. make sure thats in ur budget as well.

well, ive pretty much decided that im going to get another stick of ram and then see how my computer runs, before i get a new mobo, so i currently have a

Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS2 LGA 775 Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard

you can find some specs here:

Foxconn 915A01-P-8EKRS Mainboard Based on Intel 915P

will it support a ddr2 800 stick of ram?

specifically this one:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail

a guy said that some mobos wont read it so i wanted to be sure.

kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom