Tiger Direct Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoolguy

Beta member
Do barebones usually not come pre assembled? Seems kind of counter-productive if they didn't.

As for Tiger, I don't know, I've never delt with them after they messed me over the fourth time and I learned my lesson.

I can't answer your question but I live 5 minutes away from a Tiger Direct store.

I made the mistake of going in there once and dealing with the staff. I can't imagine asking them questions over the phone if they can't answer them face to face.

Since then I'd rather just order from newegg and wait to have the stuff shipped to me.

I have bought a couple fo barebones form newegg and everything that is included comes assembled. I just had to connect my hard drive, put in the CPU and heatsink. They came with everything else. I can say though that I don't deal with tiger direct after a couple of purchases and then finding newegg.

From the looks of it, I would say that is more of a BUNDLE than a barebones kit.... Barebones are typically OEM things like a shuttle that has the motherboard & PSU already installed in the case.... At the WAY BOTTOM of the page, there are a bunch of guides for PSU install, installing memory, ect ect ect.

Note also...... Note: A CPU cooling fan is not included in this Barebone Kit, but may be added separately.

Personally, I would stay away from TigerDirect, and stick to Newegg. I have personally put about $3000 or $4000 through newegg in the past decade, and have only ONCE had a DOA part, and the RMA process was flawless. Like TJFZ55, I have been inside of one of the TD stores, and was less than impressed. I did purchase 2 spindles of 100 DVD-R's for an outrageous discounted price when I was there though..... newegg also tends to be cheaper in my build research.

hey thanks a lot guys for the comments ive always been a proud customer of newegg for many years and love their service. I think im gonna just screw the barebone idea and just get everything seperatley. I didnt think tiger direct was well known for their service anyways, this just puts them in their place for me. So thanks once more, have a good new year!

I don't think Tigerdirect's barebones are pre-assembled.

That said, I still thinks its a great store.

Tiger direct once in awhile has some amazing deals. Just look around.
Those parts aint the best parts for its price anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom