*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Got it guys...managed to get it to 4.66GHz, had it for about 5min...managed to screenshot BIOS, 3DMark and Vista Welcome.

All in full screen so you can see no picture editing has occured.

Bios Zoomed, showing clockspeed and voltage

Bios Screenshot

As you can see the clockspeed is overclocked, as is the FSB multiplier, from default x09 up to x14 and the voltage is up from 1.35v to 1.60v

Vista Startup

3DMark After System Scan

I hope this proves a few pointers for you guys. By the way, im not doing this to look clever or to act like i'm above you or anything, before you suggest it, simply wanted to prove I managed to do it, if only for a few seconds! :freak:

Its running @ 3.66GHz again now...and all is well. :happy:

Props for doing that! But you really should have taken a screenshot of CPU-Z, as both Vista and 3dmark06 have a nasty habit of mis-reporting speeds.

I'm still curious to see a CPU-Z shot, but no rush to do it...just post it up if you get a tweaking itch again.

btw, if that's for real then I want your cpu!

No problem, I would happily do a CPU-Z screenshot for you.

Will you be able to tell me how I go about getting it? (My N00bness :p)

i got my gts but my hdd broke so i just got another one and im about to post stock cpu and gpu score then oc.

This gts is amazing...its so cool and quiet. idle at 43 when fans at 50%...load hasnt gone over 60

EDIT:

wow, im amazed.

My stock score: 10,661
Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

My score with the ultra was pretty much the same.
Now im going to oc my cpu then run the test again, then oc both.

i oc my cpu to 3.43 and i got 13 051, i havent even started oc my gpu...cant wait.
And mgcook, yes...im using the ds3r.

Now i think that something was deff wrong with my ultra...im gonna have a higher score than what i have now...and i havent even gotten my q6600 yet!.

Yeah your ultra was definitely messed up. My system scored over 11k with everything stock.

I was thinking about buying a gts after I sell my gtx and if I do it'll only be a stop gap until I get the 9800. If I do get one then there would be a small rivalry between you and me for a higher score lol because we'd end up with very similar systems. But I'm not sure if I even want to buy a gts though because I wouldn't want to have to wait in a long step up line and what not... I'm not sure what I am going to do yet.

Back
Top Bottom