af7 from stock cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
I have a af7 cooler for my q6600 coming in tommorow, but what all do i have to do to remove the old stock heatsink and put on the new af7 in terms of paste? If i take off the stock cooler, im betting some old paste will still be on the chip, can i just scrape it off with an exacto knife? Also i heard to use the mx1 pad that comes with the af7. Any input will really be helpful.
Thanks! -taintedplay

Honestly? The af7 isnt going to be any better than stock cooling on a q6600. And if you do decide to use it, the tim that is already on it is good stuff.

it wont be? wonderful. luckily it was only 22 bucks. I didnt have 50 for the tt120. So i should just take off the stock and put this one on? dont even mess with the old paste?

If its returnable, i'd return it and save up for a TRUE. I have an af7 on my e2180 and tbh, i really would have just stayed with the stock cooling if i had it to do over again.

Honestly? The af7 isnt going to be any better than stock cooling on a q6600. And if you do decide to use it, the tim that is already on it is good stuff.

What?? I'm running 3.6 GHz on my Q6600 cooled by my AF7 with temps well within my proc's limit. I couldn't dream of doing that on the stock cooler without taking the pc into my freezing cold garage.

I don't know about the thermal pad because I got this second hand from krazyq and it didn't come with a thermal pad so right now I'm using AS5. But the q6600 comes with no thermal paste on it, the thermal paste is on the stock cooler so you won't need to worry about removing it.

LOL Dont reuse the thermal paste get a rag and some rubbing alcohol and wipe it off them reapply new paste also the AF7 will show improvement over stock cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom