Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask for something here ?
I really liked the Chess Titans in Vista.. I don't have vista anymore.. I miss that game..
Is there any way to get same game for XP ??

Along with the previous question about when SP1 will be released, is there anything significant that SP1 is supposed to accomplish?

Riddle me this...

The only things I have starting up in my taskbar are my volume icon, wireless connectivity icon, and some other light duty garbage such as that thing always telling me that windows blocked some startup programs.

I have no anti virus that starts.
I have no firewall that starts.
I have no spyware scanner that starts.
No, Steam for CS 1.6 doesn't start.
Nor does Google Earth or anything of that nature.

Yet on a good day I'll boot @ 2 minutes. I just did a fresh install 3 days ago.
Start>Run>msconfig>Boot or startup tab. You would be surprized how much is really starting up upon boot. Steam does start. Just not the client. It has background processes. Along with Adobe, WMP, Zune and quite a few others.

Can I ask for something here ?
I really liked the Chess Titans in Vista.. I don't have vista anymore.. I miss that game..
Is there any way to get same game for XP ??
You will have to google for ported games. Since that is technically illegla we cant discuss it here.

When is SP1 available for vista?
1st Quater 2008. So from Jan-March.

Along with the previous question about when SP1 will be released, is there anything significant that SP1 is supposed to accomplish?

Yes all sorts of stuff. Every hotfix from RTM to now will be included, the search function removed from the start menu and the kernel updated to match that of Server 2008.

Is there anything significant about the performance aspect? I need to read up on MS's site I guess...
Yes read up on M$'s site because there are plenty of stories about this around. Some claim performance boost while others dont. But those stories also test XP SP3 with super high standards for XP yet barely minimal for Vista.

Not the search bar. Just the word search is removed. Like the Run command that isnt there by default. The Search command is now removed to conform to the Google lawsuit.

The Search Bar is still there and fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom