Question about SATA + EIDE HDDs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
Hello,

What is the best configuration to have when you have one SATA drive on which you have your OS, and then you have two other EIDEs which are just for storage?

Problem: Everything was fine, all three HDDs, working fine and then suddenly BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH and awh computer restarts. Then it gives me the menu for "Last known setting" or "Start windows normally" or "Safemode" and when I pick either of those choices it shows the windows loading screen, the bars, and then it restarts.

What could be the problem? I just reformatted my computer, though it was perfectly fine before and I had the same three HDDs and I haven't changed any setting.

Help! thanks.

Apparently it's not even letting me reinstall windows. Whenever I run the setup, press F6 for SCSI devices, choose to hit enter to install XP and it renders the BSODeath.

you might try unplugging the eide drives and just loading up on the sata drive, then installing the IDE drives after that. if that dont work see if you can get your hands on a linux boot disk, boot up off the cd drive with that, it should be able to read your hard drives and see if theres any errors on them. also did you change the jumper settings on the IDE drives? could also be a bios setting.

I'm thinking it's the problem with my sata drive? it gives me a bsod error, a stop 0x00000000024 ntfs.sys error. Something to do with drivers maybe?

"Stop 0x24, indicates that a problem occurred within Ntfs.sys (the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives). "

What should I format? reformat the drive? but how? xp cd won't do it, because it is ntfs it is not detected in DOS, any other way? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom