Okay guys so I'm in a dilema...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
So I'm going to try to keep this brief. I was at fry's today and i bought this good deal on a phenom motherboard and CPU combo. It was $239 with tax an everything and i got these two:

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9500 Agena 2.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Newegg.com - ECS A770M-A AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

now the question is should i sell them on ebay separately and make more money off of them? or should i just keep them and use them and just sell of my 6400 black edition and my biostar mobo? What would you guys do?

EDIT: My original plan was to just wait for the newer phenoms to come out later and just buy an 8800gt 256mb for now before I go quad core, but it's tempting not to use the phenom lol.

Sell them both, or sell the board and drop the cpu into your current mobo. It should work But im not sure if itll be more powerfull than youir cd'd cpu due to the tlb bug.

sell your 6400+ and that ECS board, and drop in the Phenom.. but sometimes I hear that the Phenom gets outperformed by their 6400+

or you can give me the ECS Board for my AM2 build?

Fire up the Phenom and the new board and see what you get.

If nothing else, sell the 6400 and buy a new board, then sell the ECS.

your 6400 will likely perform better in most cases. unless you can overclock the snot out of that phenom. which, with that mobo is unlikely. but, you never know till you try dude. my abit nf4 ultra everyone told me i was nuts to get, wouldn't overclock blah blah blah...i got it to about 300 HTT. which is almost as high as my evga that cost 4 times as much.
give it a shot.
also, TLB bug has nothing to do with the "power" of the chip. it has to do with the loading of the cores. the 6400 wont be more powerful than the phenom because of the TLB bug, it will be more powerful because it runs at 3.4ghz while the phenom runs at 2.3, plus it has more cache.
so, unless you are using a program that uses more than both the 3.4ghz cores can handle (not likely), the 6400 should perform better (ie be "faster").

ok so i posted it on ebay with a starting bid of $235, if it doesnt sell then I'm goign to fire it up and just sell the mobo, then if the mobo doesnt sell then im going to just use it and try to sell my biostar mobo and x2 6400.

lol alright so just for the **** of it i posted all 4 of my compnents, the 2 cpu's and the 2 mobos on ebay. So right now someone bid $55 for the ECS mobo, and someone bid $130 for my x2 6400. So if the phenom doesn't sell, then I'll just keep it and use it with my tforce mobo, but we'll see how it goes. I have a feeling that the x2 6400 cpu will sell for more though because its only a 5 day listing and today was the first day and i already have 4 bidders lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom