cm stacker 830 fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesent heat rise? would it be better to have the bottom two (of the 4 in the door) blowing in, the top two (over the cpu) out, and the top fan out? that way all the bottom blow in cold air, then the hot air rises, and is blown out by the top fans

nah, have them all intake, and replace the stock exhaust fan with a more powerful one. The top mounted fan is too close to the front to be an exhaust, and you want all the side fans to be intake because they will blow on the video card, cpu, ram and MB. you want everything to pull in towards the exhaust fan, and a powerful exhaust fan to suck it out.

*edit* try getting the KKN3 not the KKN2. The KKN3 is the SE version and made of aluminum, which is a better heat conductor and is about 30$ cheaper. NCIX has the KKN3 SE version in stock, but i dont know how many other places have gotten them yet

nah, have them all intake, and replace the stock exhaust fan with a more powerful one. The top mounted fan is too close to the front to be an exhaust, and you want all the side fans to be intake because they will blow on the video card, cpu, ram and MB. you want everything to pull in towards the exhaust fan, and a powerful exhaust fan to suck it out.
ya go with prophets advice

just pick up a scyth fan. They have more CFM and are just as quiet as the stock CM fans.
Heres a good one : NCIX.com - Buy Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120MM Cooling Fan 1600RPM 28.0DBA 63.7CFM FDB - SFF21F In Canada.

thats as loud as the stock Cm fan, if you dont mind having it being a little louder then check these two out: NCIX.com - Buy Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Jyuni 120MM Fan 1600RPM 88.1CFM 33DBA - SY1225SL12H In Canada.
NCIX.com - Buy Scythe Ultra Kaze 120MM High Static Pressure Silent Fan 38MM 2000RPM 87.6CFM 32.9DBA - DFS123812-2000 In Canada.

If your in the states you could probably pick one of those up for cheaper through newegg, i just used NCIX because i am canadian and am familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom