Graphics Freezing WITH PICTURES (very long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliminator

Baseband Member
Okay, I have revised the entire thing to have more information.

My mom bought me an eVGA 8800GT Superclocked for Christmas. I installed it (picture: Putfile - Uploaded Picture) and installed the software with the CD. It did work fine at first then disaster! My screen froze.

Now, I have already tried to uninstall, reinstall drivers in safe mode using Driver Cleaner, and to no avail, the same thing. I e-mailed eVGA and got this response:

"Normally, the nv4_disp.dll is caused by a few different things. Try uninstalling your drivers from within Safe Mode and reinstalling the newest version. If that doesn't fix the issue, check that you power supply meets the minimum requirements of the card and that it can handle the system running at full load. Normally this can be checked through the voltage readout from within the BIOS but that varies from motherboard to motherboard so please contact your motherboard manufacturer for assistance with this. Also, check if your card is overheating, the best way to check this is through the Nvidia software nTune (NVIDIA: Page Not Found. If none of these resolves the issue, then it is most likely an issue with card itself at which point please submit the card for a RMA and we will be able to replace if for you. If you have any further questions, please contact us. EVGA Customer Support."

I have took this to account and have done the reinstalling, didn't work. My PSU is where I have questions:

He says to check for voltage readings in the BIOS. I'm not sure what he means by this but I have this question. My PSU is supposedly 535W ENERMAX w/ 12V1 @ 22A and 12V2 @ 22A. Now, this would be sufficient, correct? But I have these following questions. In reading the instruction manual, it shows this following cable I have and tells me to connect it to the power supply (picture: Putfile - Uploaded Picture. Now, when I first installed the video card, I used this cable to connect (picture: Putfile - Uploaded Picture , the yellow one). Is this correct? Also, when inspecting to try and use the other cable, I can not seem to find two available connectors (pictures: Putfile - Uploaded Picture , Putfile - Uploaded Picture ).

And addressing the heat issue, while playing CS 1.6 my heat is @ 61ºC, which will go lower when I get a new case. Although that doesn't seem high to me, unless I am mistaken.

I am seeking help :D Any ideas?

P.S. I am also thinking about upgrading my case but that is the least of my worries.

ok, sort of confusing, lol

but, sometimes the gpu cards come with an extra cable to adapt for a psu if your psu does not have it. I think yours does, so you don't need to use it. And not sure how many drives or other things you have in your case, but typically you would have at least 4 of the large molex connectors. Which is often plenty and sufficient because how some things will plug in and split off again.

as for the bios/voltage thing...check in your mobo bios settings and just set to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom