Vista speculations...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nero 7 works in Vista you just need a version higher than 7.5.9.0 for it to work. That was teh first version that was Vista compatible.

The olny place i can think of would be Guru3D for the drivers. Either that or Archive.org or some other archive site.

As for Vista. I have run it since it was in Beta and have had few to no problems with it since it was released.

Vista runs decently for me, except for the 2-3 minute boot up time, even after upgrading to 2gb of RAM.

I'm in the works though of researching exactly how some of these guys on youtube has 12 second fully running ready-to-go boot times.

UAC? What is that? Is that how you get your system to boot in under a minute?

Boot time to me isn't that important, but when it takes 3 minutes to boot it's at the point where I want to just power down and bounce back over to Ubuntu, despite it's lack of support for my wireless or sound. (I dual boot).

UAC:
User Account Control (UAC) is a technology and security infrastructure first introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system. It aims to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase in privilege level. In this way, only applications that the user trusts receive higher privileges, and malware is kept from receiving the privileges necessary to compromise the operating system. In other words, a user account may have administrator privileges assigned to it, but applications that the user runs do not also have those privileges unless they are approved beforehand or the user explicitly authorizes it to have higher privileges.

User Account Control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

User_Account_Control_administrator_dialog.png

Q:
Boot time to me isn't that important, but when it takes 3 minutes to boot it's at the point where I want to just power down and bounce back over to Ubuntu, despite it's lack of support for my wireless or sound. (I dual boot).

A:
Try:
1. Defragment
Computer > right click on the drive letter you want to defragment > properties > go to Tools tab > you will see defragmentation > click on defragment now

2. screw unnecessary start-up programs
Click on the Start Menu, then click on Run, and type in "msconfig" (without quotes). Now you should see a window pop up with several tabs at the top. Click on the tab labeled Startup. This will show you every application that runs when Windows starts up. Uncheck everything you don't need to run at startup.

3. Virus/Spyware Scan
to each his/her own, but I suggest
The home of Spybot-S&D!
Ad-Aware

More ways to speed up your boot time
Improving "Cold Boot" Time for System Manufacturers

-All startup programs are disabled.

-Why defrag? The installation of Vista is 3 days old.

-The above applies to virus and spyware too.

mine probably boots up in about 30 seconds ( i should probably time it officially just to see)
ref:
e6600, 2gb ram, ati 1800 512 mb....forget the hd specs :D

I have zone alarm, avira loaded up

mine probably boots up in about 30 seconds ( i should probably time it officially just to see)
ref:
e6600, 2gb ram, ati 1800 512 mb....forget the hd specs :D

I have zone alarm, avira loaded up

WHAT?!?!?!? I'm just going to sit in the corner and cry now. What's your secret? YOU MUST TELL ME!!

lol, no real secret...but I should go home and recheck for you. You really have nothing loading up, or a lot disabled?

which is your install, from your hds listed if that's what you use.
my system is stock or default too...nothing overclocked.

6 more hours and I can recheck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom