CPU temp 52 degrees... Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go oops.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/rate-my-pc-scale-1-10-comment-159462/

I want to overclock however. I believe I just need to cool it down a little more. Would regular side fans help to keep it cool? I have 5 120mm fan slots to fill up.

As for coretemp I'll try installing it, but it wouldn't let me. It says "The driver has failed to load". It also said .NET FrameWork 2.0 required. However I have it installed. I believe the problem is because I use Vista 64 bit.

Did you just recently build the computer? You have a Q6600 correct? Also, is it B3 or G0 stepping?

Note that I have a Q6600 with B3 stepping and at first, when I first installed the CPU, it was running pretty hot. Similar to yours, maybe even hotter. But then, I kept reseating it, maybe at least 5 times before I got the right temps that I want. Right now, CPU temps are usually at 30 degrees when I first boot it up then it slowly goes as high as 40 degrees but not higher unless I keep a good load out of it.

But ye, just let the thermalpaste cure. Also, I've had troubles installing CoreTemp on mine too, I just use Everest, they are much accurate :D

Alright sounds like my temps are fine at stock but when I start ocing I'd obviously need cooler equipment. I'll get the tuniq and a few 120's if anyone has any good ones to recommend. As for my q6600 I purchased it off Newegg. I read a couple posts saying Newegg usually sends B3, but when I got coretemp to run (Ran it with driver enforcement disabled) it said I have G0 version. So that's a big plus.

Anyways so does it matter what 120 I get? There's one that's only $5 on newegg.

Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12S 120mm Case Fan - Retail

Would this be cheap and loud or should I expect the same thing from most 120's? Any info on this subject would be great! Thanks a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom