*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

I was worried I was going to be pushed down to 3rd. With school and everything I haven't had time to try to push my system further. Now that I'm on break well see once I get back home from visiting the family.

<--- still king of 1 card...all others above me are using SLI

Haha, for sure. But I'm only 200 points away, so who knows, one day, the King might be dethroned ;)

From my ORB page:
There are 19364 systems with a higher score and 3320014 systems with a lower score than your system.

Nice to know that I'm in the top 1% :D Actually, I'm in the top 0.6%, to be more precise.

haha. whatev man. it'll happen again for 5-10 min someday and you'll be ready w/ cpuz and you'll get it. lol.

anywho, yeah crank up dem gfx cards and hit 20k
Lol Peter, I hope so. At the time I didn't think it was anything special running at 4.66...but now I realise it is. But like someone suggested, whats the point in being able to boot at 4.66, if the system is only going to last 5min before locking up/overheating.

The only weird thing is...why does the BIOS allow you to o/c to 4.66? Its not like a option where you can just bump the speed to whatever you want, they are actually set speeds, so you think they would have been optimized to work with the liquid cooling or whatever, and that it would be possible to run at that speed stable.

Also, whats the best program for overclocking the GPU's? I know some of you suggested nTune was ****, thats what I have been using...so should I stay clear of it? I need something simple though, that will find the optimal level etc...because i'd end up o/c too much and blowing them lol :laughing:

try setting it to the 4ghz setting, then.
i think its funny that there is a setting availible in a (semi) locked bios that the computer wont run at...
the point is...?
by the way, nobody said dells were **** (heh, well im sure somebody did), mostly we just say that you can build that computer for much less money yourself.
maybe you have more money than time. or, more money than knowledge or whatever. more power to ya.
you seriously have that like 5000 dollar dell 720h2c..isnt that the name of it?
It will defo run at 4GHz nagasama, I managed to run 3Dmark06...the first scene, and scored around 6,500 marks...which is phenominal, shame it locked up after that scene though, it would have been a fantastic score othewise :(

I know alot of Dell's are **** lol, but I do think their top of the line systems are pretty decent. I know you probably pay more, but at least i've got saftey in knowing its 3 year warrented, and that covers overclocking the processor...which is nice of them lol.

yep the Dell H2C (Hot 2 Cold or something)
Yup, thats the one. H2C = Hot 2 Cold. Its a fancy was of saying two stage liquid cooling.

Back
Top Bottom