Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrousvip3r

Solid State Member
Hello all I am a fps gamer here in trouble. I have never really owned a gaming pc I have always been a console gamer but recently I have moved onto pc gaming. I have caught up on all the tech info but I still have a problem. I am planning onto moving to CoD4 and ET:QW. The pc I am on now will lag like **** in both games. I am on a extreme tight budget and in need of a new pc for these games. I am planning on selling an older computer I have. HP Media Center m1170n Desktop PC  -  Product Specifications  thats the link for the specifications. How much do you think I can sell that computer for. HP Pavilion Media Center a1420n Desktop PC -  Product Specifications  and for the one I am now. How much do you guys think I can sell that for or do you guys think I should stick with it and upgrade it. Thanks!

sorry man, but both computers aren't very good because they are older single core processor's with weak videocards. Honestly, I say no more than $140 for each one, and That's if you're lucky.

eck i dont like either one, processor wise your downgrading with the new one, memory wise, well the only plus is the ddr2, but the older system will carry more memory in the ddr interface. i dunno, if it were me id buy something up to date, or build my own. either way, if you want to play cod4 or other directx10 games you will have to buy a new video card.

Depending on the software with them, both computers would sell on ebay for a couple hundred each easy. While they aren't top-o-the-line, they are still fairly up to date for everyday computing. The first one would actually make a great media center PC, but the second would need a GFX card to really be a decent one.

With $400-$500, you have the start of a decent low-end gaming system. If you an add some to it, you will be set for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom