*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Yeah, thats a shame...why does it take such a big hit on vista? :(

Right, thanks dude.

Can I ask a question...new to all this...does having a physics card make much 3Dmark difference?

it shouldnt.
ANd dont get a physics card....you dont need it.

But seriously, if you get everything working the way it should, you should go way over 20k.

This rig is exactly like jsebers rig.

And veedub...i guess you wont be on number 1 for long...

it shouldnt.

But seriously, if you get everything working the way it should, you should go way over 20k.

Well i've already got one lol...came with the system.

But yeah, i'll download and tweak my 8800's...overclock the CPU and run 3Dmark...be back soon :happy:

it shouldnt.

believe me, Veebub won't be the top for long, because I know something, so does b1gapl, but don't ask me or him, cuz we won't tell you ;)

Okay...problem lol

I don't think 3Dmark likes clock speeds in excess of 4GHz...

I overclocked to 4.66GHz in the BIOS...

...managed to run the first part of 3dmark06...the Return to Proxycon thing, and it crashed when the scene finished.

If its any conciliation, my system scored around 6,000 on the first scene alone. :freak:

I went back to 3.66GHz for now.... :eek:

your puter actually booted at 4.66ghz?

I find that very hard to believe. Can you take a CPU-Z screenshot or something with it at 4.66ghz

your puter actually booted at 4.66ghz?

I find that very hard to believe. Can you take a CPU-Z screenshot or something with it at 4.66ghz
I'm not sure about doing it again...it made my system highly unstable, had to hard boot to turn it off.

But I swear to you it booted at 4.66....it went through a process of adjusting the multiplier...voltage etc before booting though.

ill take a bios screenshot of the option to boot at 4.66ghz though, if you want?

i think you should do it one more time. just like boot it up, take a cpuz ss of it at 4.66 and then shut it off and put it back to a more reasonable clock setting.

it might have booted once..but like i said..its not even going to be close to stable on H2O

4.00 is likely the highest you will see somewhat stable.

it might be a block on the oc, you should try and for 5ghz. you'll make it for sure!

lol, i think he's actually trying to do it... and if its not stable then who cares as long as he can get a ss of it at 4.66 lol.

Back
Top Bottom