Vista not finding HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jophess

Baseband Member
Today I put together my new PC. After having everything go smoothly, I tried to install Windows Vista Business. During the installation the installer said that a HDD could not be found.

The hard drive is a Seagate 320gb 7200.10 HDD and the motherboard is a Gigabyte P35-DS3R. Looking into the drivers as the possible problem, I saw that there are about 10 drivers available, but they are said to be incompatible with my hardware.

Is there a way to get drivers onto my computer without needing a floppy drive? If so, how? I have been trying to solve this problem all day with no success.

Thank you very much for your time.

Well Vista comes with almost eery SATA Driver out there. Plus several RAID configurations. So how Vista doesnt recognize your HDD is beyond me.

but they are said to be incompatible with my hardware

If they are incompatible how do you expect them to work even if you can get them on there? If they are incompatible that means they wont work with that hardware. So even getting them on there wont do you any good. At which point this whole process become futile. Since no matter what it wont work since they are incompatible.

vLite - Windows Vista configuration tool

If you are lucky that can slipstream the drivers into the Vista DVD ISO and allow you to install on the drives. If not then you will have to try and use a flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom