Question about external hard drives-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silth

Beta member
I'm planning on taking mine on an airplane with me, but it would look weird if I took it as a carry-on. I was wondering if there was anything in airport security that would wipe everything off my hard drive.

I wouldn't trust it. They throw stuff around like crazy and will most likely damage your drive. I would take it as a carry on.

The only problem with that is, will putting it in the xray machine cause any problems. But ya, if you do decide to pack it in your checkin luggage, make sure its stuffed well in the middle of your suitcase.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you either take it as a carry on, or take it to a UPS or FedEx place, and ship it in a box with alot of padding.... I can gaurentee you 100% that if you put it in carry on, you will get a damaged platter....

If you don't want to put it in the x-ray machine, you can request that it be inspected by hand, but be warned that they will want you to likely show then that it works.... actually, you might need to show them that it works either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom