HDD not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jophess

Baseband Member
Hello, today I received parts for a gaming computer. I have everything installed, but when installing Vista, it says that the Hard drive is not found. The hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320gb. When in the computer's BIOS, the hard drive is found.

I have read that the problem may have to do with the drivers, but I am no sure which drivers I need or if they are able to be installed without a floppy drive.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: The motherboard is a Gigabyte P35-DS3R.

LOL you have the same mobo as me and I was just having similar problems! Is your HDD plugged into one of the purple sata ports or one of the the yellow ones?

Plug it into a purple one

For some reason the same thing happened to me, HDD wouldn't work in the yellow ports, but it would in the purple ones. Idk why it's really weird.

I just plugged it back into the purple port and it is being recognized. So, I'm going to try installing windows again. I'll let you know what happens.

After trying to install again, the computer is trying o find drivers, but all the ones found are only visible if the box that says to hide drivers that are not compatible with this hardware is checked off.

is your pc overclocked? im having same probs with this pc if i push it past 3.31Ghz the hard drive starts acting wonky and either doesnt get recognized, or it will say its a diffirent HD in windows or BIOS. Try setting your clock speed back see if that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom