Seagate 320 gig HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! I plugged the drive into a different SATA port and that fixed the problem, I'm formatting it right now. I do find it kind of strange, though, that all of my HDD's need to be plugged into the purple sata prots, plugging anything into the yellow ports renders it inoperable.

Success! I plugged the drive into a different SATA port and that fixed the problem, I'm formatting it right now. I do find it kind of strange, though, that all of my HDD's need to be plugged into the purple sata prots, plugging anything into the yellow ports renders it inoperable.

wierd...i have mmine in the yellow.
well as long as its working!

yea lol I'll just forget about it until I get a new HDD again because I've now used up all of my purple sata ports so next time I'll be forced to figure it out.

Nope IDE is already taken up by my optical drive and another HDD :). But amazingly someone just posted a thread right below this one and he is having the same problem! Plugged his HDD into a yellow port, and it isn't working. I just told him to see what happens if he plugs it into a purple one.

Nope IDE is already taken up by my optical drive and another HDD :). But amazingly someone just posted a thread right below this one and he is having the same problem! Plugged his HDD into a yellow port, and it isn't working. I just told him to see what happens if he plugs it into a purple one.

wow thats wierd...

did it work for him now after trying the purple slot?

Yeah thats what he did and he said he got it working but now he is having installation issues with vista. Which is out of my knowledge as I have never used vista except for on demo computers in best buy.

Yeah thats what he did and he said he got it working but now he is having installation issues with vista. Which is out of my knowledge as I have never used vista except for on demo computers in best buy.

wheres his thread?
maybe i could try helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom