Need help building a new PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh, thats pretty impressive. Just two questions...

1. Where can I find a case? I don't think I've ever seen them sold on there own...

2. I would have to put this together myself correct? Seeing as I have no experience should I try to put it together? Or maybe pay some one else to do it for me.

1. Newegg.com - ATX Computer Cases, ATX Mid Tower, ATX Mini Tower, ATX Desktop Computer Case, Computer Case with Side Panel

2. putting it together is simple, just plug stuff in, if you have any questions, ASK
if it didn't fit, probably doesn't go there
*do not carve the video card slot just to make it fit*

if you really don't feel comfortable about it, you can find a local computer shop to put it together for you, for a FEE that is. How much? I don't know, I built mine from scratch with NO prior experience just like you.

Are there any places where I can find cheap, nice monitors and keyboards? If someone could direct me there that would be great.

*Edit* Is an operating system included in the package you recommended? I don't see one there...

Are there any places where I can find cheap, nice monitors and keyboards? If someone could direct me there that would be great.

Hi,
I'd like to admit defeat to the volley of questions, let someone help you from here on out.
Bye

P.S I recommend getting monitor locally, if you care about dead pixels
but if you do NOT care about one or 2 dead pixels that you can BARELY notice, order it online as it is generally cheaper.(also possibility of a perfect, no dead pixel monitor)

P.S #2 I forgot to add an OS in there, thats another ~$100

Good luck

Alright, sorry for all the questions, you've been a great help. Thanks, I think that I will be using this package.

Is there anything I can cut down on to get the total cost under control? I mean, an awesome computer for $1,500 is great, but I only have about $1,000. I guess I could save up more... Or is there some way to get a monitor in there?

yes, there is a way to get a awesome computer still, if you downgrade some components, like core 2 duo and 8600GT that would save you money

you can try to go for an Evga vid card
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P2-N757-TR GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
they have a 90 day step-up program
(within 90 days after purchase, if you want to upgrade to a higher end video card, you can ship your ORIGINAL card back to them and pay the DIFFERENCE of the video card that you WANT)

monitor wise, depends on what size, obviously 19 inch LCD is going to be A LOT CHEAPER than say a 24 inch LCD

a fairly good computer is still possible with that price range, I didn't know 1000 budget was suppose to include monitors also lol

Hey Nukem, I have a couple of questions about the computer if thats all right...

1. I notice it has a PNY 8800GTS 640MB graphics card, does this rank above or below the GeForce 8800GT?

2. Does it come wiped? Or are you just sending it off. Either way is fine, but it would be nice to know.

3. You say it comes with some games if I buy it whole, what games?

Thanks.

the card was one of the first 8800's to come out. the other one was the 8800GTX, so as for listing I would have to say the Ultra, then the GT then the GTX then the GTS, but it's still a bad a55 card... plays all the games on just about max, if not high (oblivion, and crysis)

If I sold it whole I was going to wipe the drive and send along the games with it. as I assumed, if someone wanted the whole thing, they had an OS to put on it. :)

the games include:
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Dreamfall: The longest Journey
Project: Snowblind
Paradise
Civ III
Bet On Soldier

LMK if you want more pics. I'll send them along. PM me if you want more info. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom