Seagate 320 gig HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I decided to remove the jumpers now instead of waiting until Christmas. I am typing this on my cell phone because somehow I think I may have ruined my pc which really sucks.

When I try to turn it on, it makes a lot of weird noises and the hard drive sounds like something is jammed inside it, idk but when I pressed the power button I heard a lot of weird crunching noises and the screen looked really weird so I shut it down out of fear. I think I ruined my 2000.00 pc, thats just great now Christmas is really going to suck....

lol just kidding!! I took off the jumper and now idk if its my imagination but things seem to be loading faster which is fine by me :). One slight problem though, when I took out the HDD to remove the jumper I decided to use an air compressor to spray the dust out of my pc, and after putting it all back together my lan port isn't working, any ideas why? Idk what could have happened but luckily I have a spare NIC that I'm using right now. Should I RMA the board? My lan port seriously doesn't work at anymore.

Well I decided to remove the jumpers now instead of waiting until Christmas. I am typing this on my cell phone because somehow I think I may have ruined my pc which really sucks.

When I try to turn it on, it makes a lot of weird noises and the hard drive sounds like something is jammed inside it, idk but when I pressed the power button I heard a lot of weird crunching noises and the screen looked really weird so I shut it down out of fear. I think I ruined my 2000.00 pc, thats just great now Christmas is really going to suck....

you SOB!!!..lol
i was lik MAN THAT SUCKS
hah, it aint april fools yet but good one.
I guess ill go ahead and remove my jumper...

make sure you didnt blow something into the nic that is keeping the cable from making good contact

ok...is this a blitz curse or what?
I took out the jumper, turned on my pc and the monitor wouldnt turn ont, but some fan on my pc got so F*****G loud and i smelt something burning, so i immediatley turned the pc off.

took out the back cover of my case, put it back on...prayed to god and turned my pc back on and everything is working fine now.

Now...wtf just happened? seriously.

lol I don't know! Is it working fine now?

And yeah I did spray some air over the I/O panel to remove any dust from there, would that have been enough to ruin the contacts?

But anyway and not to change the subject from krazyq's question, but I got a new HDD for Christmas and I plugged it into my mobo and plugged in the power cable and it shows up in the bios but windows is not detecting it. Is there something I need to set in the bios?

lol I don't know! Is it working fine now?

And yeah I did spray some air over the I/O panel to remove any dust from there, would that have been enough to ruin the contacts?

But anyway and not to change the subject from krazyq's question, but I got a new HDD for Christmas and I plugged it into my mobo and plugged in the power cable and it shows up in the bios but windows is not detecting it. Is there something I need to set in the bios?

you may have to goto the disk management part and format it.
My new ext hdd was not detecte and i had to go to disk management and i found it, and then i had to format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom