*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

XPS's with GTX's run over $6k

i know...i was configuring one from tell and it came up that high.

He should be the top guy on the 3dmark liste with that setup...
shows how good dell is!

well i feel bad for him.
If i were him, i would reformat that peice of **** and clean it up the right way.
Or if he can...RETURN IT and build it your self for less than half the price.

Nice way to be helpful guys.

Not everyone wants to build their own puters and are happy to pay others to do it (unfortunately).

Anyway, it's obvious his hardware is not performing as it should so we should try to help him get the most from it rather than ridicule him.

Where's the Xmas spirit dudes :p

Nice way to be helpful guys.

Not everyone wants to build their own puters and are happy to pay others to do it (unfortunately).

Anyway, it's obvious his hardware is not performing as it should so we should try to help him get the most from it rather than ridicule him.

Where's the Xmas spirit dudes :p

your right.

Well, I would advice him to re-format, because dell puts a lot of junk in there...thats the easy way.

Download the latest drivers from nvidia.com.
Get driver cleaner pro.
Update direct x.
Make sure you have the latest 3dmark and have installed the hotfix for it.
defrag your pc.
Download ccleaner and run it...youll be surprised with the amount of junk that gets cleared.
When i use that onppls pc for the first time ...i see around 5-10gigs getting cleared!!!

That score should be higher than that with one GTX. Also the Dell Bios will give him problems trying to OC. I guess first thing is to find out if he wants to go higher with his score or if he is happy there. Second, we need to know how computer savy he is. Third, we need to know if he wants to keep the money pit or save some $. Being a Dell tho, I doubt it will reach it true potential with the Dell bios and all the extra worthless software bogging it down. By the way Dell Boi, welcome to the forums.

ill be getting my q6600 and gts by this friday...now i have a better idea of what my score is going to be.

Yah, I'm totally happy breaking 16K, it's really close to mgcook's Ultra, although I know real world performance is a completely different thing.. but yeah, we could always use another member in the 512 GTS club :D

Now I need Nosboost to make me a super cool sig :)

Back
Top Bottom