preliminary 5000 BE report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
okay finally got around to switching out my processors.
as of right now, i can get the 5000 to boot at 3.4ghz with no voltage increase (212 x 16)
it will run super pi at that speed, but locks on 3dmark.
not even going to attempt orthos if it cant run 3dmark.
i will try different combinations of cpu multiplier and reference clock speeds to see which work better.
i would like my reference clock as high as possible, but if i can raise multiplier instead of ref clock, i would be happy, as changing the multi seems to require little or no vcore increase.
may try 240 x 14 to go for 3.5
i dont think it will make it that high, but like i said...i just switched them out and the 5000 hasnt burned in, as5 hasnt set, lol i just turned it on and started messing with it. :)
more results to follow.

Crank Dat Voltage!!

lol!!

seriously your gonna get some killer scores with that BE

okay can run orthos at 300 x 11.
woot. the 11 multi keeps my ram at a perfect 799mhz too.
had to increase voltage to 1.4V
temps still okay, but i think i will wait till the AS5 sets before going too much higher with volts.

Nice man.. I've had my BE chillin here for a while waiting for the after holiday rush to get my hands on an 8800gt and Mine will be built... this is getting me even more hyphy :p <--Anybody remember the hyphy movement B4 the Crank Dat movement?

woot dang i am running it currently at 202 x 16 (3.23ghz) at......
1.375V
the highest i can get it to boot is right under 3.5. stable? PAH!
it seems to like 3.2-3.35ghz the best.
and it can do that stable with low voltage.
havent really monkeyed around with the ram settings, but i have gotten a little more in depth about other settings on my mobo. which may have had an effect on the overclock.
overall, two thumbs up. especially if you already have an am2 mobo and either a low end chip that wont overclock or a high end chip that runs hot.

woot dang i am running it currently at 202 x 16 (3.23ghz) at......
1.375V
the highest i can get it to boot is right under 3.5. stable? PAH!
it seems to like 3.2-3.35ghz the best.
and it can do that stable with low voltage.
havent really monkeyed around with the ram settings, but i have gotten a little more in depth about other settings on my mobo. which may have had an effect on the overclock.
overall, two thumbs up. especially if you already have an am2 mobo and either a low end chip that wont overclock or a high end chip that runs hot.

I'm glad your happy with it, you know I'm the first person who started recommending these :)

I'm glad your happy with it, you know I'm the first person who started recommending these :)

and i was second right after you lol, i saw one thread where you recomended it, and i was like they have a 5000 be model now looked it up, and right away started recomending them liek 5 minuts after i read your post recomending it to some one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom