Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 Coming February 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the last GTX/Ultras launched at 699 right? If everything holds up to what they have done now, the new 65nm process dropped prices about 25% so i'd guess the new flagship card should launch with an msrp of around 499-550. And the good thing is, since its that expensive, it should actually be available vs the Gt.

i thought the ultra costed like 700-800?
and if this new 9 series is like 500 bucks...what will happen to the price of the ultra, gtx, gts 512,gt...etc etc, you get my drift.
Thats gonna have to be a lot of price drops.

ANd btw, i havent even mentioned about the 7 series.

At this point, the g80 cards arent even being produced. Why would they be making them when they already have the 65nm cards which cost less to make and have better performance with higher profits.

At this point, the g80 cards arent even being produced. Why would they be making them when they already have the 65nm cards which cost less to make and have better performance with higher profits.

u got a good point. AMD, i believe, is doing the same n discontinuing the HD 2000 series; i cant find an XT on newegg anymore.

things like this happen.

Mmmm sounds like I should be getting rid of this 128MB 7300GT soon.

I was thinking about a 512MB 8800GT, but I think I might wait until Black Friday next year and pick up whatever nice price card is out around then.

Mmmm sounds like I should be getting rid of this 128MB 7300GT soon.

I was thinking about a 512MB 8800GT, but I think I might wait until Black Friday next year and pick up whatever nice price card is out around then.

black fri?...thats a loong time.
maybe you should wait till or if nvidia released their new card, then you might see a price drop.
But if your gonna wait till next year...id say your missing out on alot of the great games out right now.

black fri?...thats a loong time.
maybe you should wait till or if nvidia released their new card, then you might see a price drop.
But if your gonna wait till next year...id say your missing out on alot of the great games out right now.

Well I just got an Xbox 360 and Halo 3 (not sure what else good games there are but I'm going to grab the Orange Box) and I'm getting Call of Duty 4 for PC, and then I have BF2142 and BF2, and that's about it.

Although, the thought of CoD4 on max at 1680x1050 is a really awesome thought :D

EDIT: I forgot to say, I really don't mind bad graphics. I like Nintendo, I play 2142 on Medium at 1024x768 with no AA (40-55 FPS), and my Wii and 360 are hooked up to a 36-ish" SDTV, yeah 480i not even 480p :p

Well I just got an Xbox 360 and Halo 3 (not sure what else good games there are but I'm going to grab the Orange Box) and I'm getting Call of Duty 4 for PC, and then I have BF2142 and BF2, and that's about it.

Although, the thought of CoD4 on max at 1680x1050 is a really awesome thought :D

EDIT: I forgot to say, I really don't mind bad graphics. I like Nintendo, I play 2142 on Medium at 1024x768 with no AA (40-55 FPS), and my Wii and 360 are hooked up to a 36-ish" SDTV, yeah 480i not even 480p :p

well if you got those consoles, then i guess no need to hurry for pc.
...480...??!?!?! never knew there was something that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom