Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 Coming February 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 8800 gt was priced bad when it came out. the gts g92 isnt that bad either.

I still think they could come down a bit more in price, i mean we spend all this money on hardware and tha games still cost $50, thats like 1/4th the cost of my video card.

I'll gladly pay 700 bucks at this point for a card that performs as good as my current SLI setup. I'm sick of this dual card and nvidia only board crap.

I'll gladly pay 700 bucks at this point for a card that performs as good as my current SLI setup. I'm sick of this dual card and nvidia only board crap.

sli would be worth it if it actually doubled the performance.
On the box it says that sli can work up to 1.9X the performance...which is BS!

If the new cards like 700-800 ill prolly get it if i can step up since i did end up paying like 600 for my ultra.

If they are 700-800 I will cry. That is such a ridiculous price it is crazy! We could all build a computer that is decent for that much. That is at least the same price as 3 top of the line parts like CPU, mobo, RAM... sad sad sad

Whatever happened to the 7 series gx2's?

Nvidia never released any **** good drivers. also G80 came out right when DIY'ers could start building Quad SLI systems,so everyone just waited, and Nvidia abandoned the 7950GX2. and all its 2560x1600 32xAA 16xAF glory. So anone else thinking why would Nvidia do this? they stomped on the 7950X2 but are touting Tri SLIII and quad SLIIII. just stick with one thing **** it. I am very hesitant to go Quad again, unless Nvidia will support it this time, oh and the braggin rights.

Well the last GTX/Ultras launched at 699 right? If everything holds up to what they have done now, the new 65nm process dropped prices about 25% so i'd guess the new flagship card should launch with an msrp of around 499-550. And the good thing is, since its that expensive, it should actually be available vs the Gt.

Well the last GTX/Ultras launched at 699 right? If everything holds up to what they have done now, the new 65nm process dropped prices about 25% so i'd guess the new flagship card should launch with an msrp of around 499-550. And the good thing is, since its that expensive, it should actually be available vs the Gt.

500$ would be prime imo. not too expensive, and not everyone and their cat will have one.

Heh on a sidenote, i sent my GTS 320 in for step-up over 10 days ago using usps priority which is 2-3 day service and they havent recieved it yet. So i think i might get lucky and just get a 320$ check from insurance rather than having to ebay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom