other GTS 512 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3d benchmark was just under 15k with my CPU @3.5ghz and my GTS oc'ed to a little over 700mhz/mem@ 1000mhz.

yeah Ntune sucks, everytime i boot up my comp i have to remember to launch ntune before i play any games or my card temps will hit 100 degrees celsius :S

My 3d benchmark was just under 15k with my CPU @3.5ghz and my GTS oc'ed to a little over 700mhz/mem@ 1000mhz.

yeah Ntune sucks, everytime i boot up my comp i have to remember to launch ntune before i play any games or my card temps will hit 100 degrees celsius :S

well some people on newegg had their core over 750, some even got it a little over 800. I remember not clocking the mem over 1k as it can damage it.

thanks for that info though.

I've been doing some 3DMark benching and I was able to overclock pretty cleanly to 785/1100 and I got a score of ~16.3K

ATITOOL's been working like a charm for me. I have the XFX Alpha Dog Edition.

As for getting to 850, it seems possible to me, as I've gone over 800, but then the artifacts seem to become an issue real quick. It's different from card to card.

The people at Hardware Canucks (Canadian site) were able to overclock to 832.

I was a bit doubtful of this card, but I am extremely satisfied at this point. No way you'd see a GT even come close when overclocking. The price difference is worth it IMO.

I can get my core to just under 800 (798) before it becomes unstable and starts crashing the driver. Highest stable for benchmarking is around 785. It runs pretty cool so I think a voltmod could bring these to around 850-900 pretty easy.

Like Merk, I'm very satisfied with this card and can't wait to step up to the GX2 if it's decent or the 9 series.

i guess the ATI tool issue only affects EVGA cards. it looks like the XFX cards are amazing overclockers, most people have been able to hit 750mhz easy. I would be jealous if i wasnt planning on stepping up to the 9 series when they come out.

GUESS WHAT...
i just got my card today.
Im gonna hook it up and oc and see what i get.
I guess ill be getting my q6600 tomorrow.

i wish ati tool worked in vista 64bit

I picked up my GTS 512 3 days ago; but haven't got to Overclocking it yet. I'm going to get to OC"ing it after I'm done OC'ing my CPU and memory....... which is taking awhile because I'm rarely home, haha. I can't wait til I get to OC this card :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom