Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-100

• 100+ hehe

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that setup is great! I would go with some more RAM, even though 1 gb is a lot compared to me and other undersophisticated users.:D

Well what I find annoying is that I have tonnes of spare RAM but windows is still using a huge page file (Windows XP) - I tried disabling the page file and windows etc worked fine, but some applications required it - when it was disabled when I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Delelte it still said it was using some under processes (strange)

Anyway I have only once seen all my RAM used up - and that was a few months ago when I had like 10 hours sleep 1 week - and was cramming my A Level coursework into a week.

Lets say I did upgrade and got PC 3200 RAM - how would tghat affect my system?

Also about overclocking - to overclock I cannot increase the multiplier because its at MAX but I have heard that I can get some adapters or something to allow me to do so?

If I was to increase the FSB (currently 133) I would need faster RAM - right? Is that all I would need extra?

Sorry my bad!

Anyway I am buying a flashed 9800 pro which runs at XT speeds - for around £145 - and I will sell my 9700 pro for around £100!

Sorry - Ignore the details about the graphics card in my first post - yesterday a friend of mine offered to sell me this graphics card which is a modded 9800 Pro, which has been modded to run at the same speeds as the XT series - so I will be buying that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom