Need new Non-wide screen LCD Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpellSword

Solid State Member
I was going to pick up a Samsung SyncMaster 931BW for about $220, but I've decided a wide screen wouldn't be advantages to my needs. :)sad: Such a pretty screen though!)

So now I'm looking for a LCD monitor that isn't wide screen, but is similar/equivalent to the Samsung SyncMaster 931BW. (I haven't decided exactly how much I'm willing to spend, but I'd preferably like it to be within the price range of $100-$250.)

One of the major draws of the 931BW for me was the 2ms response time, plus the picture looked amazing! (The store's demo machine was running the game Just Cause on that monitor. The picture seemed to jump right out of the screen; it was projected so vividly!)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just bought a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 931C. It cost me just a bit more then the Hanns-G JC-199DPB 19" would have, but it has the 2ms response time I've been looking for, so I snagged it instead. (It looks very much like the Samsung SyncMaster 931BW, except that it's a standard sized screen instead of a wide screen.)

Thanks for the suggestion.
And, Merry Christmas!

i concur

widescreen will give you more horizontal area to work with. i love mine, i'll never go back to fullscreen

Same here, gives more real estate, and widescreen's are so common and getting cheaper. One 22" wide is like the same space as what, two fullscreen 17"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom