Hi guys,

Spec:

Coolermaster Wavemaster case.
Nvidia 680i SLI Mobo
2.4Ghz Core2 Duo E6600
4Gb OCZ Reaper PC2-8500
700w PSU
Geforce 8800 GTS (640Mb)

Ok, I've just overclocked my 2.4Ghz to 3ghz. Currently, at idle state, Coretemp 0.94 shows the cores running at roughly 43-45c. When I play something like Crysis, the temps flucuate between roughly 63-70c.

Call me picky, but I believe those temps are a little high, even for something as advanced as Crysis.

My current CPU Cooler is the Zalman CNPS9500 LED (Arctic Silver 5 compound).

My case, the Coolmaster Wavemaster is a nice case, but its become a bit of a nightmare in recent months, as the pull-out mobo tray on the back creates a recess which deducts a couple of cm's from the overall width of the case. This means I can't put coolers such as the Scythe Infinity or Thermalrights new range in the case...

Therefore, I'm faced with two options. Either I buy a better case, for ventilation (I've got my eye on the Thermaltake Armour) which should allow for a bigger cooler, OR I find myself a decent cooler for my current case.

Which is best? Also, do any of you guys know what the best cooler is that would fit inside the Wavemaster? I think the dimensions for the Zalman cooler that I currently have is 85mm x 112mm x 125mm.

The Zalman just fits into the case, I think at a push, I'd get away with a cooler measuring maybe...127-128mm in height max.

So I either...

1. Buy a bigger case
2. Find a better cooler that'll fit in my current case
3. Stop being so nitpicky and live with my current rig for now!

Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks all.

Try cleaning out the case and the Zalman ( I cleaned mine out my temps dropped 7c), and reseating the HSF. I have the same Zalman as you and my idle is 40-39c and load 45-47. There shouldn't be such a big hop in temps with your current HSF, it's a great one in my opinion.

Try cleaning out the case and the Zalman ( I cleaned mine out my temps dropped 7c), and reseating the HSF. I have the same Zalman as you and my idle is 40-39c and load 45-47. There shouldn't be such a big hop in temps with your current HSF, it's a great one in my opinion.

Woah, awesome temps, Preacher. I might try reseating it and cleaning it after Christmas. There's definately something not right with my rig if you are getting those sorts of temps.

Even the Armour? well tbh, I'm torn between the Armour and One of Antec's models. The Antec 900 seems like a good case, its supposedly the "ultimate gamers case"

Eh... we can discuss that ... Antec 900's are popular post in the Upgrade forum with your budget and im sure the neweggers can help ya .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom