Wired vs. Wireless (and router suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteroc

In Runtime
So basically i just built a new gaming computer and i do not have a connected ethernet port in my room (had been playing in another room). It would take a lot of time/effort to string an ethernet cord to my room, so i was thinking about using wireless for the connection. My question(s) is if a good "xtreme g" or "n" connection is going to be as good for gaming as a wired ethernet connection. Also, if it is, what suggestions do you have for a really good (long range and fast) router?

Thanks

Best bet would be to pick up a Dlink Dir-655 wireless n router and to pick up a Dlink n network card. It would run about two hundred dollars or so and the transfer rate of wireless n are @ 300 mps compared to normal 100mps wired. The Dlink N router is one of the best out there and one max pc best router of the year for this year out of some pretty stiff competition. Overall I think this might be your best bet.

i got a dlink Xtreme N apaptor and i use my dads G router from work, they're upgrading him to N soon
but i havn't booted up yet so i can't tell you anything
got the card for $70 at bestbuy

Although there is nothing like a hard wired connection. If it were me , time to do it would not stop me. The only thing that would stop me if it was impossible. If wireless, yes " N " would be the choice. I would not use 54g for gaming since half of the bandwith is used for signaling, so that leaves you with 24mps. Also N transmits further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom