Rumor: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 Coming February 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
Source

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 Coming February 2008
The guys over at Expreview have managed to obtain some new info on NVIDIA's GeForce 9800 GX2, helping us to bring all the pieces together. According to them the release date of the card is Feburary 19, 2008 not the previously rumored March release. As the name suggests it will be a dual GPU card with built-in SLI to communicate between the two cores. It will also have a SLI connector making it Quad SLI ready. The card will be powered by one 6-pin and one 8-pin power connectors, just like the once seen on the ATI Radeon HD 2900 series. No pictures available at this time.

Nice, I thought the whole dual GPU thing sounded too good to be true but they are actually doing it... now I wonder if it will be tri-sli capable, effectively making it hecto sli?

No doubt this will cost an arm and a leg...

If the 8800 Ultra is any indication of price, you'd have to take out a mortgage for it. I can imagine to power draw, not to mention the heat...

Wow, I hope it is that estimated date of February 19 or earlier. I bought my 8800GT from Newegg on November 19 so I'll be at the butt end of the 3 month step-up program.

*crosses fingers*

/\ lol

Did you guys read any of the comments on that site? They are all retarded, I swear. NONE of them know wtf they're talking about lol.

i doubt they will release such a high end card.
I bet they will wait for ati to come up with something better than the ultra, then nvidia will release...prolly this card.

I do want to step up, but by the sound of that card, it will cost a lot...i hope they realase more than just that card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom