And so I read the label with a profound sadness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
"BX80562Q6600SL9UM"

What a kick in the nuts. This just ruined my day...

But, I was thinking, is it really that bad? I googled it up and found a site that tries to shed light on the G0 hype: B3 vs G0, SL9UM vs SLACR - kostjan.com

but then again, he does also go on to say how the Phenoms will make the Q6600s obsolete, so I can't help but take his views on this with a grain of salt.

Arghh... should I open it and be happy with a B3?

I'm going to call a local store up and see if I can negotiate a better price than their bloated $300 tag and at least there I can physically see the product number. And I have to make sure I can return this one.

[emo]this sucks. How could this happen to me :( [/emo]

Well, I've tried negotiating with a local retailer, but no luck at all.

Maybe, just maybe... I can pull off a switcheroo and return it! But I'm not sure if the barcodes are going to be the same...

dudes, I live in Canada :D Can't order from ClubIT, unfortunately, I ordered my build from a reliable vendor, they told me that most of their Q6600s were G0, but there was a chance of getting a B3 and that they couldn't guarantee a SLACR. Everything else came pretty quickly and in good condition. It's just bad luck with this Q6600.

Ah well, I'll see if I can do the switch at a local store, (buy the G0, return the B3)

Well guys, I think I'm just gonna have to stick with the B3 :(

There are only 3 Canadian vendors that guarantee a G0 stepping and they are all over priced tards. I just don't feel like taking the chance again and having to wait for another Q6600 that may as well show up again as a B3... plus, the idea of doing a switcheroo at a local shop is not going to work because they will have different bar code tags from store to store..

At least I'll have a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme cooling it down. This might even encourage me to do some lapping as Ste has been pressing me to do. It'll be a challenge. And I've got a great case to do its part in the cooling. The B3 is just as overclockable as the G0, but it'll just produce more heat to my understanding. Some people have even argued that the higher wattage consumption might lead to a more stable overclock, I don't know how much I'd agree with that. Anyway, we'll see after I come from work. I'll post up a work log.

didnt they garantee you a go? ncix garanteed me a go and thats what a i got :). i remember you saying you called them and they garanteed you a go steping chip?

just read my label mine says bx80562q6600slacr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom