Need Help installing 8800 Ultra cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya definitely try putting the other cooler back on and see how that goes.. never had a problem like that myself, and the only heatsink i've changed was w/ a 7900gt and vf900... but as far as static goes.. never once have i shorted something and i'm on carpet and socks all the time.. maybe contact to the gpu itself isnt good enough

ya definitely try putting the other cooler back on and see how that goes.. never had a problem like that myself, and the only heatsink i've changed was w/ a 7900gt and vf900... but as far as static goes.. never once have i shorted something and i'm on carpet and socks all the time.. maybe contact to the gpu itself isnt good enough

i did have enough contact on the gpu while installing the hr-03plus and it still worked fine with no problems.
I just took pics of everything...im gonna post it on photo bucket now and ill post it in abit.

OMG OMG OMG...MG COOK, you the hero.
i took of the cooler and turned it on and it worked fine....but i turned it off right away cos i didnt wanna risk it burning.

SO now whats the problem?

here arethe pics...whats wrong?

S4020983.jpg

S4020990.jpg

S4020985.jpg

S4020984.jpg

hey guys.
I fixed it.
I figured out what the problem was...well i guessed and i was right.
If you see on pic 2 and 3 the black thing surrounding the chip was suppose to be upside down so the black rubbery part touces the card and not the metal...and i thik thats why it was getting shocked and the screen was all efed up.
well now my gpu idles around 55-60 which is what it use to be...the paste hasnt even kicked in so it should drop for sure.

This is such a relief...
thanks for all your help.

if ever my card is active again .. which should be soon, i will let you know asap...

and me, i'm print production (i guess assistant) supervisor, and a graphic designer at the dreaded, impress print station in officemax!! LOL

ya, i do alot of work for the verizon fios people down over here, and make them some nice flyers cuz verizon provides em w/ ****, so i made em something pro looking, and they love me for it

they always bring me lunch and tip me well

if ever my card is active again .. which should be soon, i will let you know asap...

and me, i'm print production (i guess assistant) supervisor, and a graphic designer at the dreaded, impress print station in officemax!! LOL

ya, i do alot of work for the verizon fios people down over here, and make them some nice flyers cuz verizon provides em w/ ****, so i made em something pro looking, and they love me for it

they always bring me lunch and tip me well

i remember you saying that you worked from office max, i just wasnt sure anymore when you said you got a tip.
well ill wait for your pm when you get your stuff working.

glad to see you got it fixed.

i'm about to rip mine apart and put some MX-1 in it.

wel my card is idling between 58-60, which is what it use to be...now the paste hasnt kicked it, so it should drop atleast 5 degrees, which is not bad i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom