Seagate 320 gig HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
According to Seagate, normal operation for my 320 GB HDD is Sata 2, ie no jumper, and the jumper should only be set for SATA 1 if necessary. However I just looked at the back of my HDD and it looks like there is a small white jumper set on 2 of the pins. What should I do?

Just take the jumper off. All of my SATA drives came with the jumper on it, and I just take them off, because all it does restricts the transfer rate.

Yeah if you are only using one hard drive having the jumper off might be the way to go. Now if your dealing with master and slave then you would need the jumpers on there, for one though no need.

Yeah if you are only using one hard drive having the jumper off might be the way to go. Now if your dealing with master and slave then you would need the jumpers on there, for one though no need.

Master and slave? Umm sata doesnt have that, the jumper is just to change it from sataII to sata for mobos that dont support sataII.

Doesn't really matter, even the HDD burst rates don't come anywhere near the limit of SATA 1 bandwidth. SATA II is just a marketing gimmick at the moment.

Ya i had to take the jumper off my 5 750gb drives. Basically the jumper is for older boards that can only handle sataI

Alright then I'm going to be upgrading some stuff on my pc tomorrow (my Christmas presents are all pc related lol) so I'll remove the jumper then. Thanks to all who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom