is my mobo/cpu blown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeediCracker631

Baseband Member
I ok heres the situation, i wanted to put a bigger HD on my computer so i then install windows on it , its running fine, then i forget a component, i then turn off my computer plug the power wire from the psu, then after i plug everything back in the monitor shows a blank screen. My video card fans are on, my case fans are on, and my cpu fans are on. How do i know if my motherboard isn't blown?? How much is it to replace it?

Have you tried clearing the cmos? I mean it is possible to do damage but rather unlikey. Try clearing your cmos and then go for there. Everything is plugged in right?

If you have a 680 mobo, ya it might be the board. Otherwise you probably just need to clear the cmos.

If you can't figure it out then if nothing else you can take out the battery. However there is a jumper setting ,the jumper should be on two pins depending on your board, you move it over one pin or something to the effect of that mostly depends on your board. Do you have your board book? It would tell you in there.

Just take out the watch-style battery on the motherboard for an hour or so. In my experience its easier than finding the jumper.

What component did you leave out?

Obviously forgetting to connect the dvd drive wouldn't be as big a deal as forgetting to put the heatsink on. ;)

Though, I don't see why you'd remove the heatsink for a hard drive upgrade...I doubt its blown. Just disconnecting a component shouldn't cause any serious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom