Building and the questions have started :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I didn't mention. I have Arctic Silver 5 compound.

Ok, I am at the connection of cables. If anyone is familiar with the antect 900 and my MOBO listed in the link above, where does the 1394 cable plug in? It isn't very apparent according to the MOBO manual.

TRy and get some different type of compound like MX-2

img.cfm

Ok, I am at the connection of cables. If anyone is familiar with the antect 900 and my MOBO listed in the link above, where does the 1394 cable plug in? It isn't very apparent according to the MOBO manual.

The P35 mobo's unfortunately do not have onboard support for 1394 aka firewire. If you really need it you'll need to buy a separate pci card for it, otherwise just let the cable hang loose or tuck it in somewhere lol.

Ok I am up and running!! No Immediate problems. Everything seems to be working fine. I have a couple of questions though.

How do I go about checking on my temps for my CPU and for my Video Card? My Nvidia control panel doesn't seem to have a temp setting like it did in XP (I might have just missed it).

Also, I am trying to update windows and it's giving me an error message and it won't let me update. Could this be a security issue with Vista?

So far so good guys! Once I get all the kinks out, I'll take Screenshots and post.

Thanks for the responses guys. Got Coretemp running. Temps are staying at around 32 23 26 32. So that seems ok for my CPU. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Still can't figure out why it won't let me do windows update (giving me an error message).

Also I can't figure out where in the Rivatuner control panel I can look up GPU temps. Everything else seems to be running smooth so far other then that.

Also I can't figure out where in the Rivatuner control panel I can look up GPU temps. Everything else seems to be running smooth so far other then that.

Open Riva, click on the top Customize button on the main page. You will then get 5 options. The 5th option is hardware monitoring. Click that and a new window will open up which you can customize for your viewing pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom