PC hard to start and freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike9182

In Runtime
My pc recently froze for no apparent reason. Then, the computer would not start at first, but after playing around with stuff (such as disconnecting hdd's and other things, although I think it was just coincidence) I finally managed to get it to start. It then ran for about 10 minutes before freezing. I then tried to restart again and had to wait about 5 minutes before it would start. Then, after it started it froze again after 5 minutes. I had to wait another 5 minutes for it to start, and I am currently running memtest on it, although I think it is a motherboard or processor problem, although I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a problem with the hard drive since it wouldn't start up right away, after disconnecting it. Also, one of the times after starting it there was a message that a post error had occurred, then it continued to start.

I disabled some suspicious startup programs, and now everything appears to be running fine. Right now I'm running Avast scanner.

Now, the times when it does post, it freezes! Do I need to RMA the motherboard? I checked all of the voltages with a multimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom