Hard Drive not seen on Compaq v6030us

Status
Not open for further replies.

advocatumdiaboli

Beta member
I am panicking and very confused about a problem that has come up with my laptop - hopefully somebody has seen this before or knows what may be wrong. I have a Compaq v6030us that I bought about a year and a half ago that has been working more or less fine until now. I was using the computer to watch a movie, and I had to step away for a moment. I closed the lid, and when I came back, and tried to start it up again, it wouldn't. I manually shut it down with the power button and then tried to start it back up again, but it wouldn't start up. The computer turned on, but the hard disk access light wouldn't come on. I checked the BIOS on startup (sometimes when I restarted manually it brought up the Compaq screen, from which I could look at the system settings), and tried a hard disk diagnostic, but it gave me the error of "IDE not found". I've been looking around online, and the only bit of advice I can seem to find is to shut down the computer, pull out the battery and hard disk, reboot without the disk, then turn off the computer, replace the disk, and try to start up again. I've done this several times without any success. Does anyone have a better solution, or need any more information to figure out what went wrong? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom