CPU temp 52 degrees... Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Hey guys I opened up Speed Fan to check my computer temps. I noticed by the CPU there's a little flame. Is 52 degrees too hot? What kind of temps should my PC be at? I can't seem to find my 2 graphic card temps and I'm worried about them too. Here's an image of Speed Fan.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4240/tempicpm2.jpg

EDIT:
Here's my current system ... Rate my PC - Scale 1-10, Comment
(I have a 500GB Seagate 7200.11 and a Corsair 620W instead)

RE EDIT: I'm a tad confused. Isn't the 4 cores combined my CPU? Or am I being stupid here? Feel me in if you can!

you forgot the link to your current rig ^^ you got a q6600? if so 52 degrees isnt too hot. They're certified for 71c max i believe. mine runs at 55 load. ive seen it get as hot as 65 if I turn the fan speed down. 52 isn't anythign to worry about.

nice hd and psu btw XD

Though i don't quite understand the speedfan cpu and core 1-4 thing myself.
thats why I use cortemp. nice and simple. lol

you forgot the link to your current rig ^^ you got a q6600? if so 52 degrees isnt too hot. They're certified for 71c max i believe. mine runs at 55 load. ive seen it get as hot as 65 if I turn the fan speed down. 52 isn't anythign to worry about.

nice hd and psu btw XD

Though i don't quite understand the speedfan cpu and core 1-4 thing myself.
thats why I use cortemp. nice and simple. lol

Here you go oops.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/rate-my-pc-scale-1-10-comment-159462/

I want to overclock however. I believe I just need to cool it down a little more. Would regular side fans help to keep it cool? I have 5 120mm fan slots to fill up.

As for coretemp I'll try installing it, but it wouldn't let me. It says "The driver has failed to load". It also said .NET FrameWork 2.0 required. However I have it installed. I believe the problem is because I use Vista 64 bit.

um run core temp i just found out that speed fan is about 12c lower on core 2 chips meaning your temps are probably a about 65 celciuous, which isnt bad for load, my 3.5ghz q6600 runs at 70 load on the 3d mark 06 cpu test it shot up to 78 for one secodn went back down to 70, it runs at like 68 in crysis, but im definatly gonna be lapping now.

Sounds good, do you guys know of some good cheap quiet 120 mm fans? I can put in 5 total. I'm thinking about getting 5, but turning some off if not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom