Building and the questions have started :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jermanfu

Baseband Member
here is my build:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/time-has-come-162345/

I've gotten to the part where I've installed the Tuniq Fan onto the CPU. I am ready to plug the fan cable into the MOBO. however, the CPU fan slot on the board is a male four prong, while I see only 2 cables attached to my fan.

The first, which I think is the power cable, is only a (white) female 2 prong cable.

The other one is a red female 3 prong cable.

Before I forced anything, I figured I would post and see if I missed something? Any help would be appreciated.

I figured it out. The 3 pronged red cable was actually the fan power cord. The 4 male prongs on the board threw me off, but it was the right one.

Thanks Peter. One quick question. For the thermal paste on the CPU, do I need to make sure the thermal paste is completely spread over every inch of the CPU? One of the guides I am reading advised to put a "pea" sized amount and spreading the paste manually was an option, but the fan should spread the paste out enough when it is put into place.

Sorry if I have stupid questions. This is my first time and I want to take it slow.

Just to make sure did you purchase thermal compound? I didnt see it in your original thread.

I'm sorry, I didn't mention. I have Arctic Silver 5 compound.

Ok, I am at the connection of cables. If anyone is familiar with the antect 900 and my MOBO listed in the link above, where does the 1394 cable plug in? It isn't very apparent according to the MOBO manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom