Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Or ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if he doesn plan on getting the quad, the arctic cooling freezer pro should be fine.

I've just bought the quad ;)

Question is, will the Thermalright Ultra 120 fit in the Wavemaster? I have a feeling it won't.

Ok guys. I overclocked this morning.

Thus far, my temps (using CoreTemp 0.94) are, roughly:

Core 0: 46c
Core 1: 44c

I just went into the BIOS, and where it states "FSB QDR Mhz" it was default to 1067, so I changed it to 1333.

In my Computer, XP now reads Intel Core 6600 @ 2.40Ghz, 3.00Ghz.

Core Temp also reads the Frequency at 3000.00Mhz (333.33 x 9.0) = 3Ghz.

Also, I set the voltage of the CPU to 1.35v. Currently, the FSB voltage is set to "auto", which I think is 1.3v. Should this setting be changed?

Is that all there is to it? Are my temps ok? I haven't tried anything memory intensive thus far, those temps are just idol mode. The real test will be when I fire up Crysis.

ok I have the same processor and at 1333mhz on a 680 motherboard its way unstable. at 2.4ghz I have never been able to get it at more than 80 percent load. Why people waste money on faster processors when the graphics card does most of the work is beyond me. A 6600 conroe will actually bottleneck my 8800GTX at stock 2.4ghz. And its always better to place the settings in manually cause the auto settings wont be all too optimized. if you have 2 8800gtx in sli or a quad ati graphics setup than it would cause the processor to the max but then you wouldn't have this processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom