Issure with BitComet (download speeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
i have verizon dsl its like 768/2xx something. i'm on wireless off a router and it says that the port to connect to the public thingy is blocked so i get download speeds of 100kb/s average with like 20-30 peers. i know how to port forward and i do it correctly and it still says its blocked. so any suggestions would be helpful, cause i know people who have the same connection as me and can get download speeds of anywhere from 500-800kb/s...

on a 768k downstream, 100kbps is about the max you will see.... On my 1.5Meg DSL, my max speed is typically in the 150-160kbps range.... There is no way anyone getting 500-800 kbps is on a 768k line. Perhaps they are mistaken and have either a faster line, or are getting 50-80 kbps.

1 check to see if you got both remote and local peers
2 try a different port
3 uTorrent rocks / Azureus also good

Also check the site you are downloading from. Many sites ahve blocked BitComet cause it reports the wrong stats back to the server.

ya about 100KB max is your gonna get with that connection maxi used t get when i had 864/160 was around 98Kb so its not somethign wrong with your line,its your max speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom