one hot computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
cpu- p4 2.53 533fsb stock hs and fan
vid- pny nVidia geforce FX 5700LE optima 128mb ddr agp
mobo- 845E max 553fsb

the vid card was just upgraded from a 64mb 440 geforce 4 the case is at 47 under heavy load and 43 at idle and the cpu is at 74 heavy load and 58 at idle. the case only has one exaust fan being used. if my dad puts an intake in the front will this decrease the heat, also what is a good hs and fan for a minimal price, just to get the temp down.

That intake fan will help to circulate the air more and I think one of the "spark series" from thermaltake would help the cpu out.. I thought P4's melted at 70c or something?... eh, well gl and be safe hehe

lol, do you think it could be the new card that made this thing so hot? i don't know what the temp was before we got it because i just discoverd mbm5 a couple of weeks ago. what is a good fan to put in front, nothing about looks or loudness, just want this thing to cool down. hehe.

yea any fan would work, I stick to sunbeam fans. They're pretty quiet and run at 3000rpm +- And there should be a spot at the front of your case, just screw it in and watch the temps lower a little. I don't think those 5700 card produce an extreme amount of heat, at least not enough to push your computer to where it's sweatin'. I'm positive you have an airflow problem.. you may even want to think about maybe drilling 4 holes in your side panel (as to screw a fan in) so you have even more cooling.

And look at the volcano 7's for the p4... Not too expensive and should help

alright, i've thought about fabracating a hole for a fan in the side and or mabye a blowhole on the top. thanks for the help.

np.. yea the top might even be better =/ heck do the side and the top.. and the bottom!! jk hehe cheers

hahaha, that's a good idead...the bottom, if i put a whole some where or better yet, a duct leading out from under it or some thing, oh mannnn.....to many possibilitie...philips, oh the possibilities or in this case, comp mods, oh the posibilities. lol

lol.. I think xoxide actually has a case with like 9 case fans, 2 on the bottom, 2 on front back side, and 1 on top.. yeah something like that. Damn i just looked and couldn't find that case, but it's pretty wild looking, probably thermaltake or someone makes it

they have a case that is fanless, and is cooling then a case with 5 fans. it costs a preaty penny to. it's in this section of the forums some where, it's lik 1.5 g or some thing like that.

damn, i'll build my own fanless cases, w00t.. it's like one of those vaporizor cooling systems probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom