is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hell yes! Surge protectors aren't that expensive and then you will definatley be thankful when a power spike comes through and doesn't burn out you computer. IMO it's very worth it!:D

k, i'll go google and see if i can't get some answers in this. if i don't get any i'll post my quesitons up here.

You can get a below average SP for around 10-15 bucks. If you are willing to spend a little more, then go ahead and get a good one. The good ones are usually priced around 30-40 bucks. I wouldn't spend more than 50 bucks on an SP though. Look at it this way, you spend 40 bucks now and you could possibly save your $1500 investment (or how ever much your comp costs) when lightning strikes down the road.:)

well, i just read that surge protectors don't protect the hight voltage of lightning. surges it protects are those from like house hold appliances like ice boxes and ac's that require motors to switch over wich needs a power jump...surge protectors can only protect to a certain degree, depends on how many volts your sp can handle and lightnig strikes are just toooooo powerful. this was mentioned some what in a post on lighting hiting a guys computer, it's like in the 2nd page of this forum.

Yes it's true, there is a max. amount of voltage it can handle:( Basically what the SP could do for you is supress the amount of voltage the appliances hooked up to it recieve. I would still say it's worth it, but hey, it's up to you. Good luck with your decision!:D

oh yeah, i'm going to get one for sure! i'll just unplug during a lightning storm.

definetely . . .

i had a $40 surge protector . . .

though it got fried during a storm . . . my printer/speakers/computer/keyboard&mouse/everything else were fine!

maybe thats something everyone should invest in.. might save us all alot of cash some day.. lol

at least get A surge protector . . .

some idiot person i know plugged his comp STRAIGHT into the wall . . .

and he doesnt even use a firewall or virusscan . . .

its like he WANTS his comp to fail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom