"All-natural" water chiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
It's really amazing what sticking your rad out the window can do....at first I was concerned about condensation, but I've been monitoring it closely and there's none at all, and it's been on for 2 days now with the local humidity at 100%

Anyway check out my idle temps ;) Keep in mind this is a B3 quad, if anyone's had a B3 quad with 1.48v running through it they will know that even with a top performing water system they won't get lower than mid-30s even with speedstep on.

temptemptemptempqh0.jpg

And a pic of the ghetto-ness...I have my curtains closed behind the rad so I keep all the warm air in my room (a very comfortable 21c in here)

img2958ss3.jpg

...and a pic of the ghetto winter setup....that digital readout is my water temp (probably about 1c colder than that actually as it's taking a reading on the exterior of another radiator in my case)

img2961eb5.jpg

will have load temps in a bit...they would be much lower but I am using a crapola ek-wave waterblock, which totally sucks on quad cores and is still old tech even for dual cores.

XD thats cool lol. id like to see someone rig one up in a mini-fridge somehow haha. yeah im runnin B3, those temps are cold ^^

Not really a fan of minifridges...they use TONS of power....and they don't do a good job of cooling the water (actually they really can't do it) unless you modify them.

Of course you aren't dependent on the weather so that's a plus.

One word: Condensation.

The ambient temp that I have my rad in is about the same as a fridge if not colder (1c at the moment).

I don't think condensation is much of an issue unless you have a REALLY cold setup. I've been periodically checking all my tubing and connections...even copper piping on my rad with a paper towel, and it hasn't ever picked anything up.

ah gotcha. I figured you just meant condensation on the rad, which wouldnt be a big deal since it'd be sealed in the fridge. Was just thinking poor mans phase cooler haha.

And yeah I watch shakugan. O_O I <3 Shana. Great anime!

nice load temps too! I'm hopin to get somewhere near there at least. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom