Firefox 3.0b2 Beta released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox 3.0b2 Beta 2 has been released and is available on the release ftp server. The official schedule for this release is in three days on December 21st. There is no news yet on what has been changed in this beta release of the upcoming Firefox 3 Gran Paradiso browser as the release notes are usually published when the website reflects the changes as well.
The release notes will be posted on the official Mozilla website when the announcement of the new version will be made public, just save the link to them and check them out once they are up.

Firefox 3.0b2 Beta released

Just tried it out. I've been using v.2. This is way faster than v.2 was. I'm surprised. I like it.

Only 10 out of 33 extensions are compatible. At least it is the major ones.

is it stable enough for everyday use?

edit is broken for me........

I am going to try the portable version, if anyone else wants it in portable so they can try it w/o screwing up there comp its here

Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition 3 Beta 2 | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives

I don't really see why it's necessary to use the portable version. I installed the regular version without any trouble. It automatically had all of my v.2 settings and favorites. I haven't had any problems at all out of this beta. It's never hung or crashed yet. It's way faster at displaying websites than v.2 was.

It is definitely faster, but I live by my extensions. It's nice to see it up and running, but I will wait for the official release... maybe by then my extensions will be up to the task.

was using FF 2.0 with fasterfox & adblock extensions, can't tell any difference in speed in FF3 without extensions, has been 100% stable in one weeks worth of use however

After using it a while, the only thing I don't like is how they implemented the bookmarks. There are times when it is easier for me to add a bookmark from the menu rather than the star at the end of the address bar. Then when I add it from the menu, I have to move my mouse clear to the upper right corner to tell it which folder to put it in. It was better when they just had that window pop up right under the bookmarks menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom