Choppy games, plenty of horsepower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really keeping track of temps. Video card is brand new and clean.

If I just stand still and watch action in the game, it is all very smooth. It really seems like it's my mouse that's choppy. I've tried a optical usb mouse, cordless optical mouse and now a cordless laser mouse with the same result.

Also if I just walk forward w/out looking around with the mouse everything appears to be nice and smooth. It's just when I start looking around that it goes to ****.

Do you have a suggestion for a program to keep track of temps and such? Though it really doesn't seem to be temp related to me.

Sooo frustrating.

Yea I guess I could try BF2142 and see if the results are the same. I suppose if they are we can conclude it's a hardware issue. That would be 3 diff games. I'll give that a shot now and report back.

Looking at things a little closer, the mouse looks a little jerky just moving around this page. Seems these little lags would be magnified in game. Or maybe it's normal and I'm just more attentive to it now. Dunno

I use SpeedFan to monitor and graph my temps. Also the Nvidia control panel has a temperature monitor and graph built right in with the latest Forceware (possibly earlier ones too, I never looked until I just updated to the latest).

Even if it is new, if the fans aren't working properly it could be overheating under load. If that was the case though it should play fine for a while and then start having problems.

To me it sounds like you have other issues, but it doesn't hurt to check the simple stuff.

Well if you guys are still following (I appreciate the help!) I fully reinstalled Vista, then Crysis. Still ran like poo. I also installed UT3 again and this time it works fine! So now I'm uninstalling and reinstalling Crysis one more time and we'll see what happens there. Atleast it's narrowed down now.

For temps Speedfan is a lil dated ( still a great program, but dated) Pc wizard is what I use... for everything... almost.. except stress testing...

Well if you guys are still following (I appreciate the help!) I fully reinstalled Vista, then Crysis. Still ran like poo. I also installed UT3 again and this time it works fine! So now I'm uninstalling and reinstalling Crysis one more time and we'll see what happens there. Atleast it's narrowed down now.

i know ur new here, but do everyone a favor n identify what components u r using. What graphics card, CPU, RAM, PSU, mobo?

download this, it's a good start, no viruses i swear:

CPUID

just look up-left for a download link of version 1.42 of CPU-Z. This will determine the speeds, type of CPU, RAM - it's timings n what slots its in, ur Chipset, BIOS, etc.

the only thing it wont tell u is what ur PSU, graphics card, n hard disk drive. Hope i helped.

I think checking your temps would be a good idea, often underclocking occurs without the user knowing it simply because they have a heatsink slightly unsecured or something along those lines. For a while I ran my Q6600 at 1.6 GHz because of the above.

It does kind of sound like a mouse problem though.

Good luck.

wierd problem. if it only occurs wen using ur mouse to look around could have sumthin to do with ur mouse drivers. but u did say you used all 3 mice so maybe not. and u would probably notice it in windows itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom