Random shutdown problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwarg

Baseband Member
My mom's computer acts really erratic. For the most part it is somewhat stable but in the middle of when she uses apps like Photoshop or other high load stuff, it seems to get a bsod type crash and just restart all on its own going from whatever she was doing immediately to the POST and BIOS screens, not showing the blue screen or any of that. She's had ram sticks swapped in and out countless times and was wondering if the ram could cause stuff like that being that it's old and ****. Although, someone else suggested it could be a recurring driver error.

Link to the error page from the Microsoft recovery thingie.

Microsoft Windows Error Reporting

First I would make sure the computer is clean inside. Dust can cause heat build up which could make certain components unstable and cause it to crash. Next, I would make sure all drivers are up to date and finally I would check the power supply.

Sometimes theres a failsafe if the cpu or anything like a major part gets to hot it will shut it self off . Dust might be an issue keeping things from colling the way there suppose to. Try canned air and clean it all out. Otherwise it might be time for a new power supply unit. They make power supply testers that you might be able to find at you local computer store they can be cheap to crazy expensive. Just pick up a cheap one and test your power supply unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom