This close to removing Vista. FPS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
If M-audio didn't release Vista 32bit drivers for the 2496 sound card last week I would already be in XP setup. Instead I am here wishing to solve it.

Anyway, in counterstrike I get 20fps where I used to get 100 with a slower CPU. Why? My graphics card is a 7800GT and using the 163.69 drivers, is there a better version out there? My CPU is a Opteron 170 at 2.5GHz, I used to have a 3000+ at 2.2. I have 1.5GB of RAM, I could drop in another 512 if it would help. Other games are fine though, such as GTR2 and FSX.

Thanks for reading. :)

Steam is know for having issues with Vista on some people's machines. Until Steam releases a updated agent for Vista this will continue to happen. Sorry.

So I just wasted £18 on the Orange Box...? (waiting for the 25th.)

No amount of anything will fix it?

Well not that i have seen. For me personally Vista runs Steam just fine. I can play CS:S and get as many FPS as i did on XP. Some peopel are not that lucky. The steam client is made for XP. They have updated it to allow for use on vista but AFAIK they have not really updated it to be Vista comatible.

So honestly i dont think there is a way to fix it. I could be wrong and hope i am. But from my experience with this specific issue each person has different results. For me they are fine. But you and at least 5 other people i know the results are not as good as mine. Sorry.

I was on the beta2 and also had beta graphics drivers and had a 20fps loss over XP.

I'll try different drivers.

Well that did it. got high 60s in stress test, and ~50 in episode one. I got 20 without 4x aa, 8x AF or HDR. Stupid thing...

nvidia 169 drivers are out now not beta, you should give em a try and see what happens. it fixed most of my game related crashes or made them less frequent anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom